Office Building Snow Management
Best Office Building Snow Management
Services and Cost in Omaha NE
Nebraska Snow Removal
Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE: Looking for Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE? Nebraska Snow Removal is the source for have compiled a checklist of tasks to help any building owner or property manager prepare for the snow storm. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Office Building Snow Management Services around Omaha NE. We serve Omaha NE and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
OFFICE BUILDING SNOW MANAGEMENT SERVICES OMAHA NE
Office Building for the Snow Management
Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE: Heavy, wet snow is poised to start falling in Omaha NE; and it’s going to be a big one. Is your commercial building and HVAC system ready for the impending snow storm?
Prevent Costly Facility Issues with these Facility Maintenance Winter Tips
Snow, ice, and freezing rain can wreak havoc on a commercial building, especially if you are not prepared. Fortunately, the facility management specialists at Nebraska Snow Removal have compiled a checklist of tasks to help any building owner or property manager prepare for the snow storm.
Checklist to Prepare Your Office Building for the Snow Storm
- Have a Plan: As a property manager, it is important to have a written emergency and disaster plan in place, including preventive measures and procedures. Also, list critical shut-off locations for water, electrical mains, emergency generators, and fire protection systems.
- Preventive Maintenance: Have your water heater and HVAC system inspected and serviced regularly. These systems work especially hard during the winter.
- Identify and Address Potential Issues: Before the storm hits, it is important to identify and address potential issues, such as pavement deficiencies that may become covered by snow, or roof drainage issues that can cause water to drain onto walkways.
- Snow Removal: The flat roofs on most commercial buildings are prone to freezing, thawing, and refreezing, which can plug roof drains and add excess weight, which could cause the roof to collapse. This is why it is so important to remove snow as necessary, ensuring areas around vents and exhaust pipes are clear.
- Pipes: Wrap vulnerable pipes with insulation sleeves to keep them from freezing. If a pipe does freeze and burst, turn off the main water supply to the pipe immediately and leave the faucet open until repairs can be made.
- Clear Walkways: Keep walkways clear of snow and ice. Use salt, chemical pellets, and sand as appropriate. It is also a good idea to display caution signs where appropriate.
- Emergency Generators: Check the fuel oil supply for Emergency Generators in case there is an outage.
- HVAC System: Be sure your cooling tower heaters and piping heat trace are functioning to protect them from freezing. Also, heat pumps and condensing units can fail when snow builds up around them and restricts airflow, so be sure to keep them clear of snow & ice buildup. Make sure your economizer is not calling for outside air. Check that outside dampers function properly as in some instances they may need to be closed manually.
- Temperatures: Check your set-back temperatures after hours and determine if hard-to-heat areas need to be adjusted to higher temperatures to protect critical building equipment and systems.
- Hire a Top-Notch Facility Management Team: As a mechanical contractor with over ten years of complete facilities management experience, CFSI provides efficient and sustainable building operations, maintenance and repair services so your government or commercial building can operate at peak efficiency. We are also prepared for just about anything. Check out how we handled the United States Department of State in Portsmouth, New Hampshire last year after a snow storm dropped 24 inches of snow on the state. While countless companies and organizations were forced to close for several days, the United States Department of State in Portsmouth, New Hampshire was not one of them.
Office Building Snow Management Contractor Snow Management Company
Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE: Nebraska Snow Removal provides commercial snow removal As anyone who has lived in Omaha NE can tell you we are extremely vulnerable to severe winter storms. A winter storm of any size can lead to havoc for businesses and property managers. Winter storms must be dealt with immediately and in a proper manner. Every hour that passes is another hour that can lead to lost revenue and potential lawsuits.
Our commercial snow removal services are a perfect fit for:
- Condominium Snow Removal
- Apartment Snow Removal
- Shopping Plaza Snow Plowing
- Office building Snow Management
- Manufacturing facilities
- Corporate office parks
Nebraska Snow Removal has proven that we can weather the longest storms. We can do this through great leadership, positive and professional attitude and an unparalleled level of confidence no matter how deep the snow gets. We have the most cutting edge equipment to take on any winter weather precipitation 24/7/365 days a year.
General Snowplowing Info:
- A proud member of SIMA (Snow and Ice Management Association)
- Hired meteorology services for fast updates and somewhat reliable forecasts
- Walk every inch of every site, marking curbs, fire hydrants, fixed hazards and most importantly mapping out traffic patterns to make sure your sites stays operational no matter how fast the snow falls
- A full line of over 18 pieces of equipment to tackle any storm
- 48 hour invoicing after storm
- Fully insured for snow & ice liability for your peace of mind and ours
- Stockpile fuel & salt so it’s always reliable
- Pre-season and pre-storm planning Curb-to-Curb clearing of your property!
- Dependable service (no matter how deep the snow gets).
- Post-storm reporting! We use only 100% salt so there is no sand clean up, saving loads of money come spring. This also provides better product during and after a storm.
Benefits of Commercial Snow Removal Services for Your Property
Anybody who runs their own business knows how important it is to ensure the safety of their customers and employees. Avoiding property hazards isn’t simply a legal responsibility, it’s just good for business! Understandably, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with responsibilities as a business owner, which is why it’s extremely important to partner with property Maintenance Company you can count on to quickly remove dangerous snow and ice.
What are the advantages of choosing the right snow removal service?
Immediate Results – The key element that sets any property management company above the rest, particularly when it comes to snow and ice, is a prompt response. An experienced snow removal service will utilize advanced weather tracking capabilities to predict storms and are ready to mobilize at any moment to clear your property fast.
Reduced Liability – Slip and fall and automobile accidents are a leading source of lawsuits in Michigan and Ohio. In most states, property owners are legally liable for ensuring the safety of any individual on their property. Since these types of accidents are often caused by snow and ice, responsible property owners can avoid huge costs and hassles by making a conscious effort to keep their property free of slippery surfaces!
Less Downtime & More Customers – Despite major snow storms and cold weather being a regular occurrence, it never becomes less jarring and inconvenient. Whether you operate a storefront, a manufacturing facility, or even a school or office building heavy snowfall can hinder traffic to and from your property, causing endless hiccups. Choosing a snow and ice removal service with a quick and reliable response can prevent your operations from slowing down or a customer from choosing another business because of parking lot hassles.
HOW MUCH DOES OFFICE BUILDING SNOW MANAGEMENT COST IN OMAHA NE?
Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE: Typically speaking commercial snow removal cost depends on the type of snow removal contract you choose. Costs can range from $175.00 per hr. for a pickup truck with a snow plow to $225,000.00 for a seasonal contract for full service snow removal and ice control for a mid-sized shopping center.
Snow removal contracts in Omaha NE are typically quoted in one of four price structures: Per Push, Per Inch, Time & Materials and Seasonal. Some include variations of the four.
Some property managers prefer to pay per push: snow falls, the crew clears their grounds, and they receive a bill.
Other clients like shopping centers want to know what the cost for snow services will be every month. So a seasonal contract is utilized more often, plus they aren’t thinking about invoices from a contractor every time the snow flies.
At the end of the day, the way you pay for the service is not the real issue. It’s about making sure you mitigate liability and provide a safe environment. You want surfaces to be clear of snow and ice on time and continuously during storms so that the people who live, work and play on the property stay safe.
PER PUSH OR PER INCH:
Office Building Snow Management services near Omaha NE: This contract is for the property manager that wants to pay for snow removal services if and when the snow falls. If there’s no snow, these clients are not billed. But if the snow begins, our crews are on call once accumulation is 2 inches or more. Two inches of snow is generally when we push the go button, unless you’re on a robust full-service plan see below.
At Nebraska Snow Removal, we structure the per-push pricing based on snow depth. There’s a price per push for 2-4 inches, 4-6 inches and 6-8 inches of snow.
That’s because we know that our team will spend a lot more time clearing 6 inches of snow from a retail parking lot than 2 inches. The snow is heavier, and there’s more of it to maneuver around the property.
Response time is critical in this industry, we always aim to clear 2 inches rather than 8. We don’t want the snow to build up on your property. Big storms will require multiple pushes per property to ensure it stays clear and safe.
The clients who generally prefer a per-push contract are often retail property managers. They like the service delivered in an itemized way a monthly tab of snow events and times of service to be itemized with CAM’s.
And, these clients may benefit if we have a mild winter. However, because our seasonal agreements are three-year contracts, clients don’t win by choosing per-push or seasonal. The choice mostly comes down to budgeting. Do you want to pay a fixed price, or per push?
TIME & MATERIALS: (T&M)
Time and Materials contracts are billed as they are described. You pay an hourly fee per pickup truck with a snow plow, per dump truck with a snow plow, per salt truck, per snow blower, per labor hour to clear sidewalks, per ton of salt etc.
The draw back to T & M contracts is that there is not a way to budget accurately.
SEASONAL CONTRACT (2- To 3-Year Agreement)
Our seasonal contracts include a fixed price per month for snow services, and the contracts are active during the four winter months in Omaha NE for three years. We find that a multi-year contract give clients the best value.
The constant price is what property managers and other commercial sites love about seasonal contracts. They don’t have to worry about snow removal costs spiking from December to March. The bill is always the same
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the sanding/plowing priorities?
Sanding and plowing priorities are based on volumes of traffic and steepness of terrain. City streets are generally categorized into three groups:
- Main streets and emergency access routes with hills.
- Other main streets.
- Local streets.
The main streets and hills are completed first. This ensures that traffic can access such facilities as schools, special care facilities, the central business area and the ski hill area.
Next completed are collector streets, which may not have steep terrain but do have heavy volumes of traffic. Residential streets are then attended to. During weekends and statutory holidays, the City generally services only first priority streets.
Why some areas of the City plowed twice before my street are is plowed at all?
If a major snowfall occurs before our crews have been able to clear the residential areas from a previous snowfall, we will go back to clearing the hills and heavier used streets to ensure access is maintained to priority areas.
Why can’t the City remove snow they put in my driveway entrance?
When you consider the large number of driveways in the City, it becomes very costly and time consuming to use additional people and equipment to provide this service.
When shoveling your driveway or the sideway always store the snow well back of the roadway on the right side of the driveway (when facing towards the road); this will give you a better view of approaching traffic.
Why can’t the size of the sand particles be smaller?
In order for the sand to be effective, it must be large enough to provide tire traction. Fine sand is blown off the road surface by the movement of traffic before it has a chance to become embedded into ice and snow. The sand that we use is screened to ensure that particles larger than 3/8″ (9.5 mm) are not placed on the streets.
Why can’t the City remove the snow from the sidewalk in front of my property?
As with driveway snow clearing, when you consider the large length of sidewalks in the City, it’s just too costly and time consuming to use additional people and equipment to perform this service for all areas. Nebraska Snow Removal clean sidewalks adjacent to City buildings and City-owned property. It is the responsibility of property owners to clear the snow from sidewalks adjacent to their property.
CALL US FOR:
- Office Building Snow Removal Management Service Near Omaha NE
- Snow Management Services
- Commercial Snow Removal
- Snow Removal Service Omaha NE
- Snow Removal Vehicles
- Omaha Snow Removal
- Snow Removal
- Snow Removal Tools
- Snow Removal Pricing Formula Omaha NE
- Snow Removal Pricing Calculator
- Commercial Snow Removal Rates Per Square Foot
- Snow Removal Cost Report
- How Much To Charge For Snow Plowing Driveways
- Omaha Handyman Snow Removal Prices Omaha NE
- How To Charge For Snow Plowing
- Commercial Snow Removal Contract Pdf